[Zope] Asynchronous DTML

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
Thu, 04 Oct 2001 21:56:53 -0400

Zope is multithreaded and there are typically no locks on any resources
that prevents one thread from operating independently of another, so
what you want is likely available out of the box.

W. Robert Kellock wrote:
> Hello,
>

> Does anyone know how to prevent an external method from blocking?
>

> What I need is an external method that contacts an external server and
> returns the result to be displayed in my dtml page.  It's quite alright
> for the person requesting the page to wait for the response. What I
> don't want is for other users to be blocked while the external server
> formulates it's response to that user.
>

>  From the archives it seems I need to piggyback onto Zopes asyncore /
> asynchat to achieve this, but I'm not sure how.
>

> Thanks.

> W.Robert Kellock
> Ph:                   +64 3 326 6115
> Sales Manager
> Fax:                  +64 3 326 6115
> Credit Systems Control Ltd                      Web:
> www.creditscore.co.nz <http://www.creditscore.co.nz>
>                                               "making decisions easy"

Chris McDonough                    Zope Corporation
http://www.zope.org             http://www.zope.com
"Killing hundreds of birds with thousands of stones"