[Zope] Core Session Tracking 0.9 Released

Paz paz@chello.nl
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 17:43:26 +0200

I can vote for CST. I've used it for 3 months now in the prior version
(just upgraded today) for an online shop. It works much better than what
we used before SQLSession (had it for about 9 months) and seems lighter.
We also started having problems that somehow the SQLSession had weird
transaction management of its own and it would stall my database. I'm
sure its my fault somewhere, but moving to CST was a faster solution it
turned out.

 I note in my logs that people who refuse the cookie will jump sessions
per request (though same in SQLSes), but seems to maintain all session
data that I use for the whole site workings. It becomes very usefull for
securing writes to a database and applying logic to data operations. You
can gate applications easily with session switches used in the dtml. It
can only be accessed by the session and no request (unless you want it)
can affect its value. I enforce all of my sessions again in SQL (why I
liked SQL Session so much) so I can do checks against IP to ensure
authenticity.

Our site is at http://www.oratrix.com please feel free to check it out.
We are also a python based shop for SMIL.

Regards and good luck,
Paul Zwarts