[Zope] override modification_time at manual entry?

Bill Seitz fluxent@yahoo.com
Fri, 05 Oct 2001 21:27:55 -0000

I have some old diary entries which I'd like to move into a ZWiki.
ZWiki doesn't have any explicit date fields, it just uses the
standard modification_time for RecentChanges listings.

What would I have to do to make a form where I could create a new
ZWiki page and have a datetime field on it which would become the
initial modification_time for that object? Am I going to be able to
add a field to the form, add a single line of code or so to map the
fieldname to the object property?

Or is Zope going to object to that property being touched by anything
other than its internals?