[Zope] Zope and mime types ???

Frank Stephan frank_stephan@gmx.de
Sat, 6 Oct 2001 01:52:30 +0200

> You probably cannot do anything to make sure that you get this MIME type
> unless you map it yourself at the server.

I understand, that there must be a mapping of the file extension to the
appropriate
mime type. I found in the mime.types file of my Apache config that
there .doc is mapped to application/msword. But why does it still depend
on the fact, that word is installed on the client or not?

Mime/content types do not really make sense to me that way. Am I wrong
or is there a way to control this on the server machine?

TIA
Frank