[Zope] OT: VMLEs in Medical Education: Full Report (has Zope relevance)

Jerome Alet alet@unice.fr
Sat, 6 Oct 2001 11:41:13 +0200

On Sat, Oct 06, 2001 at 09:35:22AM +0100, Tony McDonald wrote:

> This report is now available - lots of information from people who have
> created or bought their own VMLEs (Virtual Managed Learning Environment).
> It's angled toward a medical curriculum, but a lot of the concepts are
> applicable to any degree (or module) programme.
>
> http://www.ltss.bris.ac.uk/jules/jtap-623.pdf

Wonderful !

I've just read it (very quickly I admit), and I must say that it's
a very interesting report on this subject.

Here in France we do things the other way around, as always... you already
know we drive on the wrong side of the road, don't you ?-)

Last year was published a french report on the most well known commercial
VMLEs, avoiding each and every non commercial one, maybe on purpose but more
probably by ignorance, but it said almost nothing about existing work in
Universities.
It's available at: http://www.algora.org/kiosque/publicat/doc/pdf/pf2000.pdf

The report you gave us the url is much more interesting because it
speaks about what is done, where, and more importantly why, along
with future plans for improvement. Too bad it's in english ;-)

Thanks again.

Jerome Alet
Medicine School of Nice
France