[Zope] CST Bug, fixed in 0.9?

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
Sun, 07 Oct 2001 13:29:18 -0400

On Sun, 07 Oct 2001 16:46:37 +0100
> I've noticed that often (not always :-S) when an object
> in the same ZODB as a
> CST 0.8 Internal Data Container is edited, the container
> dumps all its session
> information.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this?
> Has it been fixed in 0.9?

I hadn't had a bugreport like this.... how are you putting
objects into the same ZODB as an internal data container?
The ZODB that stores an internal data container is a
RAM-based storage meant only for session data.  Are you
somehow getting a hold of this and putting things inside of
it?

There was a bug where, using the ram-based data container
under concurrent load, multiple objects could be created,
each of which thought it was the canonical version of the
session data object.  It would manifest itself, for example,
by shopping carts implemented with CST seeming to "drop"
their contents randomly..  Is this maybe what you mean?

- C

- C

- C