[Zope] Checking string for specific characters

Gitte Wange gitte@mmmanager.org
08 Oct 2001 10:44:03 +0200

Hello,

I need to create some filenames from the titles of some objects.
In order to make these filenames correct, I need to create a function
that checks the title string in order to see if there are any
"non-allowed" characters in the string and strip them.

Right know I am doing a string.replace for the characters that aren't
allowed, but it would be much easier to specify what characters that
_is_ allowed.

I guess the function that adds a new object to Zope does it ... but I
cannot find that function.

--
Gitte Wange Jensen

Sys Admin, Developer and a lot more
MMmanager.org Aps, Denmark

Phone: +45 29 72 79 72
Email: gitte@mmmanager.org
Web: www.mmmanager.org

Quote of the day:
I strongly believe that trying to be clever is detrimental to your
health.

    - Linus Torvalds