[Zope] Asynchronous DTML

W. Robert Kellock sales@creditscore.co.nz
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 21:44:59 +1300

Hello,

I'm glad to report success at last! A heart felt thanks goes out to all
those who have helped me. The problem is in Generic User Folder somewhere
and has gone away now that I have replaced it with Login Manager.

A point with Login Manager that had me stumped for quite a while, you must
place your ZSQL Methods SQL_check_user, SQL_get_password and SQL_get_roles
underneath the Generic User Source NOT in the acl_users folder when
following Jok's HowTo http://www.zope.org/Members/jok/SQL_based_LoginManager
although eventually I noticed
http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2001-January/081474.html which put me
right (this IS in Jok's HowTo I know ;-} ).

Finally a question about gvibDA

Brad you said that "gvib uses Thunked_TM, so it's essentially single
threaded during a database request."  By this do you mean that the DA itself
only allows one database request at a time, but because Zope is handling the
threading issues above it we end up with several instances of the DA when
there is heavy traffic?
W.Robert Kellock                                    Ph:
+64 3 326 6115
Sales Manager                                        Fax:
+64 3 326 6115
Credit Systems Control Ltd                      Web:
www.creditscore.co.nz
                                              "making decisions easy"