[Zope] CST Bug, fixed in 0.9?

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 08 Oct 2001 09:56:51 +0100

Chris McDonough wrote:

> I hadn't had a bugreport like this.... how are you putting
> objects into the same ZODB as an internal data container?

No, sorry, I wasn't very clear. Basically, I have a filestorage as the main ZODB
storage.
I 'Add' a Session Data Manager to this using the drop down list.
I'm using this SDM's Internal RAM storage for session information.
Quite often, when I edit, say, a DTML method in the ZODB to which the SDm was
added, the SDM drops it's session data.

However...

> There was a bug where, using the ram-based data container
> under concurrent load, multiple objects could be created,
> each of which thought it was the canonical version of the
> session data object.  It would manifest itself, for example,
> by shopping carts implemented with CST seeming to "drop"
> their contents randomly..  Is this maybe what you mean?

...it sounds like this, although it happen under extremely light load (two
users) too :-S

Any ideas?

I'm gonna give 0.9 a go soon and I'll let you know if the problem goes away...

cheers,

Chris