[Zope] ZOQL Method 0.3.0 released

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Mon, 08 Oct 2001 23:19:40 -0500

Hello everyone,

Yes, it is me... again. I was on the role today and implemented a couple
more features:

1. I added support for ALTER. You can now add, rename and delete properties
from ZClass objects and any sort of other object instance, that supports
the standard Property Manager or Property Sheet interface.

2. I added a XML-RPC-friendly execution method to the ZOQL Method class,
which allows us to use the ZOQL Method as a server component, since you can
send new commands directly to the interpreter.

3. Based on the XML-RPC support, I wrote a complete Command Line Client.
You can use the client to execute queries from a file or use the
interactive command line, similar to the PostGreSQL and Python interactive
interpreter. There is also a nice help coming with the product. It can be
run totally independent of the rest of the ZOQL Method, since it does not
depend on any of the other modules.

I also created a ** Mailing List ** and prepared a ** Poll **, where people
can tell me what they think about the product! Please send me everything,
good or bad!

The URL is: http://demo.iuveno-net.de/iuveno/Products/ZOQLMethod
Archive also available at:
http://www.zope.org/Members/srichter/Products/ZOQLMethod