[Zope] Re: Simple Login-Form

Juan Garcia Garcia juangar@dei.inf.uc3m.es
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 09:18:31 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

>maybe it's just (or something) ... I want to build a plain and simple
>form for users to authenticate ... how would I do something like that?

There are many products for Zope to make what you want: LoginManager,
etcUserFolder, Generic User Folder(GUF), ... I'm using currently the last
one but i don't understand at all yet.
I have a form with two fields (Login and Password):
  <INPUT TYPE="TEXT" NAME="_gufauth_name" SIZE="20">
  <INPUT TYPE="PASSWORD" NAME="_gufauth_password" SIZE="20">
and a submit button:
  <INPUT TYPE="SUBMIT" NAME="_gufauth_submit" VALUE="Conectar">

I think that the names of the input fields are essential for the
authentication.
In some DTML Methods of the GUF you must write the users, their roles
and domains, and check for their passwords. I'm using to do this a
database in PostgreSQL.

After all, i suggest you to visit the next web page if you are going to
use this product finally: http://www.zope.org/Members/hippy/GUF_SQL_crypt
It is an example very good to understand and make it works.

I hope this information is useful for you.

Bye.