[Zope] DTML Method or PyScript returning image?

Timothy Wilson wilson@visi.com
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 06:48:24 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 8 Oct 2001, CJ Kucera wrote:

> Basically, my situation is this:  I've got images 1.gif, 2.gif, 3.gif,
> and 4.gif in a folder.  What I want to do is set up an object of
> some sort called "image.gif", which, when called, would randomly return
> one of the other graphics in the Folder.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your requirements, but a quick Python script can
return a selection from a group of images. Something like:

"""
This script returns a random image.
"""
import random
return random.choice(context.objectValues('Image'))

I use this appoach to display a random quote at the bottom of my Web page.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      |   Visit Sibley online:   | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS |  http://www.isd197.org   | http://www.zope.com