[Zope] How do I "compile only" install?

Gary Algier gaa@ulticom.com
Tue, 09 Oct 2001 08:48:47 -0400

I don't like binary only distributions.  If I have the sources I can
fix problems.  If I have the sources I can put a copy under local CVS
so I can keep track of what is installed.  I can make local minimal
fixes to keep it running without having to make the big jump to
whatever is available "today", which might break have some
incompatability.

Ok, so let us say I use wo_pcgi.py to compile it.  How do I install
it somewhere else?  Are there any hardcoded paths now compiled into
anything?

For example:
I place the distribution in /usr/mysrc/zope on my system with a
compiler.  I use the "compile and install in place" operations
in wo_pcgi.py.  I now want to copy it to my web server and place
it in /export/zope.  What do I need to copy?  What do I need to fixup?

--
Gary Algier, WB2FWZ       gary.algier@ulticom.com           +1 856 787 2758
Ulticom Inc., 1020 Briggs Rd, Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054      Fax:+1 856 866 2033

        A self-addressed envelope would be addressed "envelope."