[Zope] Zope and mime types ???

Loren Stafford lstafford@morphics.com
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 13:10:19 -0700

Zope stores the mime type that the browser gave it with the uploaded file.
When someone tries to download the file, Zope provides the mime type for it,
regardless of its exetension (Zope doesn't know from extensions) and
regardless of the one that Apache might have provided (Apache doesn't get
involved, Zope's doing the work).

Now if you want to hear something really wierd ...

I've found that if another program on the client machine has the file open
at the time you upload it to Zope (e.g. MS Word has it open because you just
created it), Zope's copy of the file will get the 'application/octet-stream'
type. But, if you close MS Word, then upload it again, this time it will get
the correct type 'application/msword'.

-- Loren