[Zope] How do I install Products on a Windows Zope installation

Gordon Holtslander gordon.holtslander@sk.lung.ca
Tue, 09 Oct 2001 22:01:04 -0600

I've installed Zope ver 2.4.1 on Windows 2000 pro. It runs fine, but I want
to try out the CMF. I've followed the instructions I think. It's hard to
tell because all the instructions seem to assume its on a Linux type box.

The instructions say:
-Unpack the tarball into a working directory. For instance:
        $ cd /usr/local/zope
        $ tar xzf /tmp/CMF-1.1.tar.gz
So, I downloaded the tarball and unzipped it into c:\temp

Next I'm supposed to:
-Link (or copy/move) the CMF packages into $INSTANCE_HOME/Products. For
instance:
        $ cd /var/zope/Products
        $ ln -s /usr/local/zope/CMF-1.1/CMF* .
So, using Windows Explorer, I moved the CMF-1.1 directory to C:\Program
Files\Zope\lib\python\Products\ This is where all the products that show up
in the Zope Products directory seem to be.

Then I go to the Zope Control Panel and hit the Shutdown button, close my
browser, restart Zope using start.bat and according to the instructions:
-Restart Zope; verify that the CMF products loaded property, by examining
them in Control_Panel/Product.
-Create a CMF Site object. join, and begin adding content. Enjoy!

Except that the CMF products don't show up in Products and I don't have a
CMF site object option. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but it is REALLY
frustrating!

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Talk to you soon,

Gord