[Zope] MySQL and/or ZODB

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 11:57:32 +0100

Mitch Pirtle wrote:

> slightly off-topic, proved that we all agreed that ZODB was not suited
> for heavy data use (although we couldn't agree on the DBMS) -;^>=

That's a bit of a vague and waffley statement ;-)

'The ZODB' can mean a number of different things.
As a whole, it is good at high read and low write volumes. As for 'heavy data
use', I'd say it's fine, just given its designed use cases.

However, my impression is that FileStorage sucks once you get into sites where
there are over 10,000 substantial (>2-4kB) objects.

I'm going to look at BerkleyStorage some time soon, hopefully that'll do
better...

cheers,

Chris