[Zope] running C/Fortran progz via command line ?

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@mitretek.org
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 10:10:32 -0400

You should run your external programs from Python using an External Method.
However, you want to think about security - you don't want to let a random
client be able to execute just anything.  I recommend some configuration
code that checks the request (and maybe the user) and only allows certain
specified programs to be run.  Requests for anything else would be
rejected - in fact, they would not even be understood.

You also have to work out how to handle it in case the external program
fails or hangs.

Cheers,

Tom P

[Lee Philip Reilly]