[Zope] Http API Ping

Brendon Grunewald brendon@70south.com
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 18:15:50 +0200

Dear Zopistas,

Quick Question:
I need to ping an external url, but do not want the customer to click a
submit button or something similar. i.e. if a certain page is viewed, I want
to ping an HTTP API on another server in the following format:
"http://www.sp.com/api/@param=abc". Depending on the parameter sent to them,
I either need to store the result returned or ignore it and carry on
regardless.
This is similar to the way counters work, but I would prefer not using
Javascripts. Is there a zope solution. <dtml-call ...> does not seem to work
for external urls.

Any assistance much appreciated...

Regards,
Brendon

---
Brendon Grunewald

www.70South.com:
- Interactive and updated daily with the latest news and information on
Antarctica and related topics.
- Available on your PC, Mobile Phone and PDA.
- The No.1 source for Antarcticles (tm)