[Zope] Come kick some tires, at new.zope.org

Joachim Werner joe@iuveno-net.de
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 23:06:42 +0200

Hi!

Please let somebody do some real web design for the site before it goes
online. I am sure you'll even find people who'll do that for free. The
current design is not competitive at all.

Look at all the new CMF sites that are emerging in the community, like
ZopeZen, MetaZope, or Zopera. They are all different in design, but IMHO
much better than the current one for the new zope.org.

I have heard things like "Zope might be cool, but can you also do
NICE-LOOKING sites with it?" quite often, just because the old (and as it
seems) new zope.org look so half-baked in design ...

Having a good demo site for Zope is one of the most important things to
improve Zope acceptance. So this should really be taken serious. We at
EuroZope are currently preparing our new site's launch. We invited you to
cooperate. But so far we haven't got a response. The offer is still valid!

Our wiki is at: http://eza.iuveno-net.de. The design of the wiki itself
sucks, I know. But that one is just a plain CMF page to start with. The REAL
web design examples are linked from the wiki.

Cheers

Joachim