[ZWeb] Re: [Zope] Come kick some tires, at new.zope.org

Robert Rottermann robert@redcor.ch
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 10:59:44 +0200

I am a person that is mostly technically and not visually oriented so I
understand the "lets make it work and then we'll look how it looks" attitude
very well.
However this is a very dangerous approach. In theory it  would work
perfectly. In reality it seldom does. Very often (always ??) there is much
more do do than we actually can and we have to start dropping things. What
one drops depends on its priority. Which in itself does reflect our
preferences. Since we are techies technicalities are top. Design goes down
the pipe.

The sad thing about it is that to sell something, even to us techies, its
features are much less important than its "look and feel".

If I take Zope's motto "Content management for half the price" and use the
CMF-Dogbowl as a reference people will think "yes it shows".

Nobody looks under the hood. Either its glossy or they keep on looking
further.

What I want to say with my epistle is this: Either visual design is of high
priority from the very beginning or it will probably never be there..

Robert
I am happy to help within my limited means

..