[Zope] Photo and ZPhotoAlbum

Ron Bickers rbickers-dated-1003416590.d85ad4@logicetc.com
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 10:49:50 -0400

The Photo object of Photo-0.4.3 works in 2.4.1, but I never used the
ZPhotoAlbum, so I'm not sure about that one.  I guess not since you're
getting errors.

> I have seen that Photo-0.4.3 is no longer maintained and that there is a
> new Photo-0.9.2
> product. It is possible to upgrade to Photo-0.9.2 with existing photos
> and zphotoalbums installed
> with Photo-0.4.3?

There is a documented upgrade process for converting the old Photo objects
to the new ones, but nothing yet on converting ZPhotoAlbums to Photo
Folders.  If you only have one or a few photo albums, I would suggest
creating new Photo Folders for each, then convert the Photos to the new
Photos, and copy/paste them into the new Photo Folders.  You'll need to copy
the photos in your album to a regular folder outside of the album before
upgrading the Photos, since I don't think you'll be able to get into the
album with the new Photo product installed.

Basically, something like this:

1) Using old Zope and old Photo product, create temporary folders for each
album and copy photos out of the album.
2) Upgrade to new Zope and Photo product and upgrade Photo objects (see
UPGRADE.txt)
3) Create new Photo Folders for each of your old ZPhotoAlbums
4) Cut/Paste your new Photos into the new Photo Folders.

If you have a lot of ZPhotoAlbums, or you can't get anywhere with the above,
send me a .zexp of your albums and I'll see if I can put together a better
conversion process.

Ron Bickers
Logic Etc, Inc.