[ZWeb] Re: [Zope] Come kick some tires, at new.zope.org

Andrew Kenneth Milton akm@theinternet.com.au
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 01:53:51 +1000

+-------[ Jim Penny ]----------------------
| On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 10:59:44AM +0200, Robert Rottermann wrote:
|
| > What I want to say with my epistle is this: Either visual design is of high
| > priority from the very beginning or it will probably never be there..
|
| To quote Opus "I object, I object, By Golly, I object".

[snip]

| Anything that slows those down is a _bad_ idea; and lots of graphics
| will do nothing but slow those down.

Visual Design != lots of graphics.

I think that as a showcase for CMF new.zope.org quite frankly sucks.

I like the 'top' bar. That's it. I hate the corporate plain logo.

The whole site looks disgusting under NN4.

What's the deal with the 'View' box on the left hand side when you login?
It's confusing, you expect to have other options there, when in fact the
View button takes you home and distracts you from the items that appear in
in the 2nd top bar.

So there are too many navigation areas.

Don't press 'View' in your 'My Stuff' area either, unless you want a
complete dump of everything in there.

In fact, don't press View when it's the only option in the box, you
end up with weird stuff, or being sent to the home page.

Just wandering around, I've got some nifty TALES Errors. Of course
I can't get it to happen the 2nd time.

Hrm, if Syndication is disabled, why is there a menu entry for it...
you are in a maze of twisty little links leading nowhere...

The two column display looks gumby too, but, I think I can get used to
that. Although if you're going to have a 2 column display, and you're not
going to allow user defined sorting, you should sort in strict id order,
it's too hard to scan for what you want otherwise.

The left hand menu display is inconsistent at times.

Fixing some of this involves Visual Design, none of it requires graphics.

Yes this stuff and more is in the tracker. (More functional stuff broken
in the tracker though).

--
Totally Holistic Enterprises Internet|                      | Andrew Milton
The Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd          |                      |