[ZWeb] Re: [Zope] Come kick some tires, at new.zope.org

Jim Penny jpenny@universal-fasteners.com
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 13:16:01 -0400

On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 06:52:33PM +0200, Robert Rottermann wrote:
> There are people that insist every webpage should be viewable by text only
> browsers like lynx.

Quite rightly. Though w3m is far better. ;-)

> And here we have to deal with people that know nothing and care less about
> most what us technically oriented people interests. They will eventually
> decide for the solution that gave them the best impression. What forms that
> impression has of course many facets. However it's about a zillion times
> easier to impress with a nice face than with a nice program structure.

Which is why we should be sending those people to zope.com (the salesmanship
site) or to a beauty contest site.  Zope.org is a Developer site.  I would
not disagree at all that there ought to be beauty sites; including zope
oriented beauty sites.  (Which is why I proposed a "Am I Hot" series of
links.)

I certainly think it appropriate that zope.org have a disclaimer at the
bottom of the page stating that: "This site is oriented towards making the
experience as speedy and useful as possible for developers and daily users.
To that end, it has a deliberatly stripped-down design.  Our shameless
commerce division is at http://www.zope.com.  ____ and ____ are some
examples of designer oriented zope sites."

Jim Penny