[Zope] deleting as an anonymous user

Michael michael@exasource.com
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 15:46:47 -0600

Hi People,

I'm still struggling a little with my job board.  I have both of my ZClasses
and ZCatalogs up and running and I have it to where I can post, search and
view, for both jobs and resumes.  A webmaster friend of mine that I turned on
to Zope, is doing the authentication and session tracking so both companies
and candidates can manage their data securely, ie; post, edit and delete.
(He loves it, BTW)

Unfortunately, the job board example is just for posting and leaving.  I've
searched the how-to's and can find nothing on deleting as an anonymous user.
Is there a simple way this can be done?  I think once we have the delete
function working, editing can be done by calling in the object, using hidden
fields in the form and then generating a new post and deleting the old one.
I think I read somewhere that object databases don't like a lot of editing
and I thought this might be a workaround.

Once I'm finished, I will be putting up "ZopeJobs.com" as a way of saying
thanks.  I have read several threads on this topic and thought it sounded
like good idea that might be helpful.  I just got the domain name today.

--
Michael Lewis
Email: mlewis@exasource.com

       "Linux - The final solution"