[Zope] ZopeTime not synchronized with server

Felipe E. Barousse Boué fbarousse@piensa.com
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 08:20:58 -0600

> Message: 2
> To: zope@zope.org
> From: complaw@hal-pc.org
> Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 22:21:31 GMT
> Subject: [Zope] ZopeTime not synchronized with server
>
> I'm running Zope on a server that is showning the correct date/time.  However,
> when I have Zope write a date, after 5:00 pm, it shows tomorrow's date.  It is
> as though Zope were on GMT and not taking the time from the server.  Is there a
> way to reset Zope to the correct time, or have it take time directly from the
> server?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Ron

I have reported this problem in several ocassions. Actually it seems to me nobody cares about it.  Checking on the Zope code, some time ago, I believe I found where the culprit is/was but, having no much time to mess with the code, did't tried the fix.   Guess most of us just learned
to live with that 5 hour offset.

By the way, I am using Central Standard Time with daylight savings  or,  Mexico Central Standard time but same phonemenon happens between systems logs and Zope's Z2 log.

Just my 2 cents.

Felipe Barousse