[Zope] Retrieving type info from Request.Form items

Oleg Broytmann Oleg Broytmann <phd@phd.pp.ru>
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 18:26:56 +0400

Please continue to discuss in the mail list.

On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 10:19:52AM -0400, Douwe Osinga wrote:
> >   After converting objects are already of the specified type. If you ask
> >for :int - you will get integer (not a string). No need to preserve type
> >information.
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your quick answer. I suppose I won't need to get the type
> information itself. But how do I find out what the type of the object is,
> ie get a string I can pass to manage_addProperty as type parameter?

   Ah, that's more trickier. Probably, Python builtin function "type()",
but it is noot available in DTML - only in Products and External Methods.

Oleg.
----
     Oleg Broytmann            http://phd.pp.ru/            phd@phd.pp.ru