[Zope] Modification Reminder

Jim Washington jwashin@vt.edu
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 15:28:06 -0400

Niclas Kuehne wrote:

>I am working on a project that requires people to update their
>(HTML-)documents about once every 6 month. Is there a Zope "plug-in" of any
>kind that gives me the opportunity to check all the files in a specific
>folder and it's subfolders for the modification time and send an email to
>the user who uploaded/created it if the modification date lies back more
>than 6 month? Has anyone any experiences with a problem like this and could
>offer a solution? Thank you very much for any help.

Here's part of it, which may be called from any folderish object:

PythonScript named last_modification_date(mod_date=None)

if mod_date is None:
  mod_date = context.bobobase_modification_time()
newlist = context.objectValues()
if len(newlist) > 0:
  for k in newlist:
    z = k.bobobase_modification_time()
    if z > mod_date:
      mod_date = z
    if k.isPrincipiaFolderish:
      z = k.last_modification_date(mod_date = mod_date)
    if z > mod_date:
      mod_date = z
else:
  t = context.bobobase_modification_time()
  if t > mod_date:
    mod_date = t
return mod_date

I needed this for a project...