[Zope] Acquisition symlinks?

Adam Warner lists@consulting.net.nz
13 Oct 2001 22:45:20 +1300

On Sat, 2001-10-13 at 02:27, Oliver Bleutgen wrote:
> > Hi all,
>
> > I'd just like to know if there is a package available that allows
> > acquisition symlinks.
>
> > For example imagine that I have a set of files in the zope database in
> > the folder /files. I don't want to clutter up the "Root folder".
>
> > I also have a website in /website and I want to be able to access those
> > files using acquisition.
>
> > /files
> > /website
>
> > Well it would be easy if I could create a "symlink" in the root folder
> > that says "treat files in the /files folder as if they are part of the
> > root folder for acquistion purposes."
>
> > So has anyone done/thought of doing this?
>
> Hi Adam,
>
> done with www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org already ;-)?`

No :-) But the latest news is very positive:
http://www.openphd.net/W3C_Patent_Policy/

Bruce Perens and Professor Eben Moglen have been offered and accepted
"Invited Expert" Positions on the W3C Patent Policy Board! And Apple has
given strong support to royalty-free web standards.

> Do you know about
> Dieter Maurer MirroringFolder product?
> http://www.handshake.de/~dieter/pyprojects/zope/MFolder.html
>
> and TransparentFolders
> http://www.zope.org/Members/hathawsh/TransparentFolders

No I didn't know about them. Many thanks.

Regards,
Adam