[Zope] User's list using LDAPLoginAdapter

Jens Vagelpohl jens@zope.com
Sat, 13 Oct 2001 10:36:44 -0400

go to the "Search" tab, select something other than "DN" on the search
parameter dropdown and don't put anything into the search term text input
box. when you hit the search button you  should get a list of all users,
*if* you have everything configured correctly.

like i said in a previous email, i have only tested the software against
standards-compliant LDAP servers that i personally have access to. i don't
have any access to active directory (i refuse to run windoze, anyway) so i
cannot guarantee that the product will work with active directory.

so far i know it runs with OpenLDAP, Netscape's LDAP server and a few
hardy souls have told me they got it to work against Novell's directory
server. i have had questions about active directory but no one telling me
exactly if they got it to work or not and what it took to make it happen.

i am interested to make it compatible with as many LDAP servers as
possible, as long as it doesn't take too much extra processing and
overhead just to support a certain way of doing things required by a
server. i have the fear that active directory, like so many microsoft
adaptations of standards, is just ever so slightly different and would
require a lot of special cases in the code... but then again i don't know.

jens