[Zope] MySQL-python + ZMYSQLDA Installation Fails

Alex Kelly kellya@franklin.edu
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 10:49:56 -0400

I am trying to get the ZMYSQLDA product working.  I am trying to
accomplish this on a Solaris 8 machine running Zope with ZEO and an
InstanceHome.  I have checked the archives for this question, and while
similar questions come up, I have not found any that address my problem.

Really the problem comes while trying to build MySQL-python.  Our MySQL
has been installed in /opt/mysql.  I have changed the setup.py in the
python section to say:
    include_dirs = ['/opt/mysql/include']
    library_dirs = ['/opt/mysql/lib']

When I run 'python setup.py build' I get a bunch of output, then it
fails with:
    ld: fatal: relocations remain against allocatable but non-writable
sections
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I am not sure what the problem is, but since ld fails it would appear to
be a linking problem.  I don't really know what else to change to try to
correct this.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Alex Kelly