[Zope] Concurrent development

Richard Wesley hawkfish@electricfish.com
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 09:47:06 -0700

Hi Zopers,

I have been looking into Zope of late, partly because I have a web
site I'd like to build as a demo, and partly because I felt I should
just know some kind of web app tool, and Zope came highly recommended.

After playing with it for a bit, I have become nervous about the
revision control aspects.  Conflicts are pretty much resolved
silently in favor of the last person to make a change.  There is some
sort of branch scheme, but my initial impression of it was that it
was pretty also suffered from the lack of merge capabilities.

Given that CVS is used for the actual development of Zope, this
surprises me.  Have I missed something?  How do teams work with Zope
without stepping on each other's toes?  Is this a problem in practice?

TIA,
Sincerely,

Richard Wesley
Co-President, Electric Fish, Inc.