[Zope] Install zope windows

Gilles Lenfant glenfant@bigfoot.com
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 21:01:39 +0200

Julian,

Why don't you directly launch Zope through NT services ?
I assume you're using VMware virtual machine on a native WinNT or Win2K
machine.

I've been successfully using Zope 2.4.1 with Win98 at home.
The first startup is slow but works.

--Gilles

----- Original Message -----
From: "Juli=E1n Mu=F1oz Dom=EDnguez" <jmunoz@softhome.net>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2001 7:55 PM
Subject: [Zope] Install zope windows

Having 2.4.1 working well on Linux, I am installing it now under windows
98.

But something is failing.
During the installation, a MSDOS windows open, with:
----------------------
Compiling python modules

and no output it is taking several minutes, with no output, and then it
keeps on installing.

When I launch "start.bat" from explorer, a msdos window opens with
E:\Archivos de programa\zopewin>"E:\Archivos de
programa\zopewin\bin\python.exe" "E:\Archivos de programa\zopewin\z2.py"
-D

and no more output.

And Zope doesn't start.

I am using

Windows 98 Spanish (under VMware virtual machine).
Zope 2.4.1 binary for windows

--

      __o
    _ \<_