[Zope] "evaluating" a REQUEST Parameter to be passed to a dtml-var

Doyon, Jean-Francois Jean-Francois.Doyon@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 16:34:58 -0400

Hello,

Sorry, but I'm new at this :)

The problem is simple, I want to call a dtml-var using a name (object)
provided by the URL

So for instance if the url is:

http://host/cmf?document=3Dmain_english

I want <dtml-var main_english fmt=3D"structured-text"> to work =
properly.

Of course the problem I'm having right now is that the parameter value =
is
being passed as a string instead of being eval'ed ... So instead of the
contents of "main_english" I get the STRING "main_english"!

Unfortunately (Although for good reason) python's "eval" is not =
available

So how do I do it?

Thanks!

Jean-Fran=E7ois Doyon
Internet Service Development and Systems Support
GeoAccess Division
Canadian Center for Remote Sensing
Natural Resources Canada
http://atlas.gc.ca