[Zope] Concurrent development

Paul Everitt paul@zope.com
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 22:16:21 -0400

Hello Richard.  This is a timely subject, as some of us here at ZC have
been ruminating in depth lately on proper versioning in Zope.  Though I
can't promise exactly the time, chances are decent that we'll have
something in the fishbowl for proposal in the next week or so.

As for merging, that's not likely to be something we do right out of the
gate.  You can approximate it currently by visiting the history tab of
your object, and using non-Zope tools (such as Emacs's ediff) to compare
and merge two buffers.  But yes, this is klunky (especially since this
history doesn't seem to be FTP or DAV enabled).

Here's something that *is* possible right now, and works pretty well.
Just write your content on the filesystem, checked into CVS.  The use
sitecopy (a DAV tool) to do a two-way mirror.

--Paul