We need a "content container" [was :][ZOPE] newbie question: getting title_or_id from calling document

Philippe Jadin philippe@123piano.com
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 10:57:50 +0200

> No, I have not. In any case Documents and Methods are not suitable to
> display content (only to manipulate one). I am going to try Kaivo
> DocumentLibrary.

As you told, imho there is no good content object in zope. They all lack
something in particular.

What I'd like to see is :

- a single content object suitable for any textual content

- a container that uses automatically a single template file (not
standard html headers and footers). This template file would have a
standard name (such as current headers and footers). It's a pita to use
two separate files for now, because it's then impossible to edit them in
a classic html editor.

- a plugin interface for content conversion (input text, structured
text, html, dpf, doc | output html, text, pdf...)

- some editing plugin, in order to edit the content in at least html,
text, and structured text. Editing interfaces would be nice too, for
example a browser based wysiwyg html editor...

- some standard metadatas as zope properties (title, descirption,
author, release date, expiration date...

- support for dtml *and* pagetemplate

This product should be a part of the zope core, because imho it's
incredible that zope doesn't provide a standard and unified way to deal
with classic internet content.

Btw, this product could first deal with html, stx and txt only. Then it
would not be too different from the classic dtml-docs... And with an
open plugin architecture, it would gives zope a great extension...

it's name could be "Document" : sounds good, no ? ;-)

my 0.02

Philippe Jadin