[Zope] Python objects reference?

Casey Duncan c.duncan@nlada.org
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 13:41:21 -0400

On Tuesday 16 October 2001 11:38 am, Lars Heber allegedly wrote:
> After receiving a snippet of python script, I finally decided to have a
> closer look at that language, and I was surprised how simple and
> comfortable it is. I think I'll like it!
> But: Where can I find a reference for the objects I can use in those
> scripts?
> I received the following snippet:
>
> try:
>   my_index = context.dirIndex.
> except:
>   my_index = 0
>
> But I only want my_index to become 0 when the object and ONLY then
> object, i. e. without acquisition, has the prop dirIndex.
> s. th. like in DTML:
> <dtml-if "_.hasattr(aq_explicit,'dirIndex')">
>
> Can anyone help me please? Where can I get information about python
> script? I looked at python.org, but didn't find what I was looking
> for...
>
> TIA

If this is a property (as opposed to a general attribute) then use the built
in hasProperty method:

context.hasProperty('dirIndex')

Acquisition won't be an issue. I'm glad to hear you like Python, you're
soaking in it! 8^)

  Casey Duncan, Sr. Web Developer
  National Legal Aid and Defender Association
  c.duncan@nlada.org