[Zope] Security tab

Brian Lloyd brian.lloyd@zope.com
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 15:10:38 -0400

> My current Zope 2.4.1 install with CMF, Formulator, psycopg,
> ordered folder
> etc., has about 140 permissions on the security tab (manage_access).
>
> This is a HUGE problem in so many ways.
>
> Has anyone thought of a solution to this?

One idea that has been kicked around is to impose some (shallow)
sense of hierarchy on permissions, so that you could at least
hide sets you don't care about at the moment. So the UI could
look something like:

+ Standard permissions

- ZooProduct permissions
  x Add Lions
  x Change Lions
  x Add Tigers
  x Change Tigers

+ FooProduct permissions

Note that this is _most_ important for Folders, where you end
up seeing pretty much every permission in the system, currently.

Brian Lloyd        brian@zope.com
Software Engineer  540.361.1716
Zope Corporation   http://www.zope.com