[Zope] Zope Credits

Ricardo L. A. Bánffy rbanffy@utopia.com.br
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 19:21:41 -0300

I think it will be easy to find Zope advocates on this list, but I couldn't
resist

We have been building Zope applications since 1999, most of them running on
ordinary Intel PCs and a couple of them are serving up to a million hits a
day.

I cannot tell what is wrong with your solution (I am half a planet away from
Annapolis ;-), but I am sure Zope is not the faulty piece. In my personal
experience Zope is at least (if not more) as reliable (and far easier to
develop for) than ASP, PHP, Tomcat, Cold Fusion and even big-brand (and big
bucks) names like Dynamo and Broadvision. And you can believe me - I have
worked with them all.

As for the reputable company, hmmm. I am curious. What do they suggest
instead? Can you name the company?

And one more thing - If you want to get answers to your questions regarding
Zope, go to http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope and subscribe to the
list. There are people far more knowledgeable than me who will be happy to
help you.

----- Original Message -----
From: "di goodman" <dgoodman@movethings.com>
To: "Zope Webmaster" <webmaster@zope.org>
Sent: quarta-feira, 17 de outubro de 2001 17:06
Subject: [Zope] Zope Credits

> I would like to be a Zope success story, but here is the situation(about
which I appeal to you for help/zope hope)I am the owner of a small trucking
brokerage in Annapolis, MD.  We hired a local evening programmer to build an
internet brokerage weblication for us(his word).  After a full year and a
half we are all on line today and it is failing miserably.  We called in a
reputable company from the area and they tell us the problem is the
platform.  Our programmer insists that Zope can support our business and
these are the kinks of a new use.  Who can I speak with that will vehemently
defend Zope for our use since we have already spent all of our money and too
much of our time.  We think maybe there is a key that we are missing.  But,
none of us are programmers, you see, which is why we relied on the
suggestions of someone who is.  We are trucking people, we use keys to start
things.  Thank you for forwarding this to someone who might help.  We are
stuck in the driveway on !