[Zope] Linux Zope <=> MSSQL

Andrew Kenneth Milton akm@theinternet.com.au
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 10:27:24 +1000

+-------[ Wade Leftwich ]----------------------
| Is there a Best Way to connect Zope on *nix (BSD or Linux) to MS SQL2000? Or can I get a hint?

I can give you a hint... d8)

I have a version of zodbcda altered to work with unixODBC,
so if you get that setup to talk to MSSQL you can use
my zodbcda to talk to MSSQL from Zope.

It's simple to make it work with other UNIX ODBC drivers if
necessary.

http://www.zope.org/Members/TheJester/zodbcda/

Unpack it in your Products directory, go the src directory.
Check the Setup file for the correct paths to your libraries and includes.

make -f Makefile.pre.in boot
make

You should get an sql.so file created.
Check you can import it from a commmand line python.
If that works out mv it up one directory.

Restart Zope. You should be able to add ODBC DA connections.

This is not an official release, and I don't really support it, it's
just to show that it's not all that hard to make these things work
elsewhere.

--
Totally Holistic Enterprises Internet|                      | Andrew Milton
The Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd          |                      |