[Zope] Re: [Zope-Annce] Zope Controller GUI Windows 1.0 release

Nicolas Pettiaux nicolas.pettiaux@openbe.org
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 05:41:21 +0200

Thank you for your answer.

Le Jeudi 18 Octobre 2001 01:31, Richard Jones a =E9crit :
> On Thursday 18 October 2001 06:08, Nicolas Pettiaux wrote:
> > Great, thank you but why is your tool only available on windows and n=
ot
> > also on other OSes as ZOPE itself is ?
>
> It is also available for Mac OSX - has been for much longer than Window=
s.
> As for other platforms - they're not nearly as high a priority for us. =
And
> make no mistake - this GUI wouldn't exist if we didn't have a need to m=
ake
> the Zope experience more user-friendly for our Windows and Mac OSX
> customers. We've found that our Linux/FreeBSD customers are happy to us=
> command-line tools.

But still, I bet many Unix zope users would love such a gui. As it works =
on=20
Mac OSX it should not be difficult to port to these Unices (Linux/FreeBSD=
 and=20
others)

Thanks,

Nicolas