[Zope] Re: [Zope-Annce] Zope Controller GUI Windows 1.0 release

kosh@aesaeion.com kosh@aesaeion.com
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 22:21:04 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, Nicolas Pettiaux wrote:

> But still, I bet many Unix zope users would love such a gui. As it works on
> Mac OSX it should not be difficult to port to these Unices (Linux/FreeBSD and
> others)

Actually the number interested is probably fairly low in percentage on the
unices. Most of the zope servers I run do not have monitors on them at all
or keyboards, mice etc. I ssh in remotely to do anything that needs doing
and overall just using the command line tools is a lot faster overall for
me. However it would seem if someone wanted a cross platform gui config
for zope tkinter would be a good choice since it comes with python. I
prefer wxPython or pyQT myself but tkinter would work.