[Zope] How good is Zope?

Greg Conway greg@gmlnt.com
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 12:44:50 +0100

Hi All,

I've just stumbled across Zope looking for a platform I can develop
web-based Db apps under, and having worked through the first couple of
chapters and the tutorial it's all looking pretty rosy so far...

I have previously set up some small web-based Db's using PHP4 and MySQL, but
need something where several developers can work on one project in an
organised fashion, so Zope seems to provide in an easier-to-use fashion. I
notice from the help files that Zope bills itself as an alternative to PHP -
can I integrate PHP into it or do I not need it if we have Python?

I've never programmed in Python, but it seems fairly straightforward and not
too removed from other scripting languges.

My question really, I spose, before I dive in and start writing things, is
how good is Zope? Does it have any obvious limitations? What's the support
like?

I subscribed to this group about 12 hours ago and seem to have a healthy
number of messages, so it looks pretty well supported - is this 'cause Zope
is great, or are you all unfortunate victims that have somehow got locked in
and now can't get out?!!

Anyway, many thanks for any help!

Regards,

Greg Conway.

--
==================================
Greg Conway

Email/MSN: greg@gmlnt.com
ICQ#: 100219981
mobile tel.: +44 (0) 7974 666 967
mobile fax: +44 (0) 7970 087 935
Internet: http://www.gmlnt.com
office tel.: +44 (0) 1255 672 103
office fax: +44 (0) 1255 679 909

This is a confidential communication between sender and addressee. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender and do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication to others. Any opinions or views expressed are those of the individual, and unless otherwise stated, are not those of the company. All attachments and intellectual rights remain the property of GML (NT) Limited.