[Zope] Zope Credits

Oliver Bleutgen Oliver Bleutgen <myzope@gmx.net>
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 14:29:08 +0200

(Sorry if this mail come two time, I fscked up)
> I would like to be a Zope success story, but here is the situation(about
> which I appeal to you for help/zope hope)I am the owner of a small
> trucking brokerage in Annapolis, MD.  We hired a local evening programmer
> to build an internet brokerage weblication for us(his word).  After a full
> year and a half we are all on line today and it is failing miserably.  We
> called in a reputable company from the area and they tell us the problem
> is the platform.  Our programmer insists that Zope can support our
> business and these are the kinks of a new use.  Who can I speak with that
> will vehemently defend Zope for our use since we have already spent all of
> our money and too much of our time.  We think maybe there is a key that we
> are missing.  But, none of us are programmers, you see, which is why we
> relied on the suggestions of someone who is.  We are trucking people, we
> use keys to start things.  Thank you for forwarding this to someone who
> might help.  We are stuck in the driveway on !
> this one.
> Di Goodman

Hi Di,

doesn't sound like a nice situation. Unfortunately it isn't quite
clear to me what kind of site might be a right example to show
off zope's capabilites in the area you asked for.
But I know one zope site (not from my company) which is heavily
database driven and might go in the right direction.
It is in german, but that doesn't matter. They "broker"
agricultural engines and other technical stuff for farmers,
and are the greatest of their kind in germany:

http://www.tec24.com/

Just klick on some links (e.g. "Schlepper") until you reach
a form, then just submit to see some results.

They have around 15000 items in their database, and the site
runs well.

Perhaps your programmer should post here at the list? ;-)

cheers,
oliver