[Zope] Zope Credits

Casey Duncan c.duncan@nlada.org
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 09:55:04 -0400

On Wednesday 17 October 2001 04:06 pm, you wrote:
> I would like to be a Zope success story, but here is the situation(about
> which I appeal to you for help/zope hope)I am the owner of a small trucking
> brokerage in Annapolis, MD.  We hired a local evening programmer to build
> an internet brokerage weblication for us(his word).  After a full year and
> a half we are all on line today and it is failing miserably.  We called in
> a reputable company from the area and they tell us the problem is the
> platform.  Our programmer insists that Zope can support our business and
> these are the kinks of a new use.  Who can I speak with that will
> vehemently defend Zope for our use since we have already spent all of our
> money and too much of our time.  We think maybe there is a key that we are
> missing.  But, none of us are programmers, you see, which is why we relied
> on the suggestions of someone who is.  We are trucking people, we use keys
> to start things.  Thank you for forwarding this to someone who might help.
> We are stuck in the driveway on ! this one.
> Di Goodman

I live somewhat in the area (Silver Spring). I would be happy to look at the
application design for free to see how it looks. Then I could make a
recommendation on how to proceed.

You can develop bad or non-functional applications using any system, no
matter how good that underlying system might be. I personnally think Zope is
a sound system that allows you to build robust applications of many kinds. I
would be very surprised if the problems you are experiencing are caused by
deficiencies in Zope itself.

  Casey Duncan, Sr. Web Developer
  National Legal Aid and Defender Association
  c.duncan@nlada.org