[Zope] Zope DB or Postgres or what for 3.500 files

Jan Ulrich Hasecke janulrich.hasecke@web.de
18 Oct 2001 20:18:51 +0200

Hi,

I am discussing with a friend about solutions for his site. I am using
Zope but cannot answer this two questions seriously.

1.

Imaging more than 3.500 HTML-Pages with a text amount of two or three
DIN A4 Pages per HTML-Page. Would you recommend to put them into a
Postgres-DB or is it no problem for the Zope DB do serve and index
this amount of files and text?

Traffic is about 2GB per month.

2.

I've been using the Loadsite-Script sometimes but I am not satisfied
with the import of metadata. Is it possible to import metadata like
"title", "description", "keywords", "author" and so one with a modified
loadsite-script so that I can import his 3.500 files with normal
HTML-Metadatatags into a folder and all is done?

TIA
juh

--
Das GenerationenProjekt