Zope for DB backed sites - Was [Zope] Zope Credits

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 18:30:17 -0400

On 18 Oct 2001 at 12:38, Oliver Bleutgen wrote:

> But I know one zope site (not from my company) which is heavily
> database driven and might go in the right direction.
> It is in german, but that doesn't matter. They "broker"
> agricultural engines and other technical stuff for farmers,
> and are the greatest of their kind in germany:
>
> http://www.tec24.com/
>
> Just klick on some links (e.g. "Schlepper") until you reach
> a form, then just submit to see some results.
>
> They have around 15000 items in their database, and the site
> runs well.

Just another person to stand up and wave the Zope flag. I'm in the middle (I hope) of a
3 year project using Zope and Interbase on Linux for an importer/exporter (US/CA)

This site receives about 300 new shipments a day, each composed of one or more
packages. Each package is tracked 6 times a day through all major carriers (whichever
carrier it was reshipped on).

At the moment, our database has 19,250 shipments, 25,355 packages and  318,513
tracking records in the system (we purge every 3 months).

There are over 100 users tracking their shipments...

So far, works great.

(btw, due to the broken pipe problem with Interbase's gds client, the Interbase server is
actually running on a Windows 98 box (gasp!))

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               AOL-IM: BKClements