[Zope] Databaseadapters, authentification and rowsecurity

H.de.Wit@SFK.NL H.de.Wit@SFK.NL
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 10:29:46 +0200

Hello,

We are using DB2 on an As400 and are looking how we can use Zope in front
of it.
DB2 offers row security: you can only see the records you are allowed to
see, based on your username and password.
I can connect to DB2 with the ZODBDA. With this adapter you have to give a
username password and after that
all users are able to 'SQL' the database, but with a common username
password, not their own.

Now my question: is it possible to use a databaseadapter in a personal way?

It is not that i don't trust Zope's security mechanism, but i have the idea
that row security offers just a little more.

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Hans de Wit
Stichting Farmaceutische Kengetallen
Postbus 30460