[Zope] XMLParsed

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 12:55:24 +0200

sean.upton@uniontrib.com wrote:
> I find ParsedXML quite usable... how big are your documents?  ParsedXML has
> been known not to perform ideally on really big documents.
>
> There should be a speedup in ParsedXML in CVS, as ParsedXML development is
> starting to progress again; consider subscribing to the new zope-xml list
> with your question...

Note that this speedup is only in connecting the rest of Zope to the DOM;
if that is what slow (quite possible), then this is going to help.

If it's the DOM or the parser that's slow then these fixes aren't
going to help. I haven't noticed the DOM being that slow though,
at least for small to moderately sized documents.

Regards,

Martijn