[Zope] Zope and PDF
19 Oct 2001 13:51:04 +0200
"Tom Cameron" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> I have a need to create PDF files from a Zope application. I have been
> reading this thread on PDFs. I have no idea how to start creating pdf files.
> I have taken a look at reportlab and it looks all a bit too complex for what
> I want.
> I just what to convert an HTML doc to a PDF doc. Sounds simple enough.
> Anyway, could anybody give me some hints as to where I should start. A
> couple of URLS or how to links.
There is a really simple solution, at least for the Unix world:
html2ps file.html | ps2pdf
To quote the html2ps web page, this will give you:
* Many possibilities to control the appearance.
* Support for processing multiple documents, also automatically by
recursively following links.
* A table of contents can be generated, either from the links in a
document, or automatically from document headings.
* Configurable page headers/footers, that for example can contain
document title, URL, page number, current heading, and date.
* When converting the PostScript document to PDF - using some other
program such as version 5.0 or later of Aladdin Ghostscript, or Adobe
Acrobat Distiller - the original hyperlinks in the HTML documents will
be retained in the PDF document.
* Automatic hyphenation and text justification can be selected.
It can handle images and pretty convoluted tables.