[Zope] Properties in a ZClass

Casey Duncan c.duncan@nlada.org
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 08:41:44 -0400

On Friday 19 October 2001 07:06 am, Lars Heber allegedly wrote:
> Casey Duncan wrote:
[snip]
> > Actually that's the eaiser of the two. Just make your ZClass subclass
> > something with a property sheet (such as File, Folder or DTML Document),
> > and then you can use the standard calls such as: manage_addProperty,
> > manage_changeProperties, etc. on the instances.
>
> That's fine! But I want the users (managers in their own folders) to use
> the standard Zope interface. So, all I want is that "Add" button in the
> property sheet view of my ZClass, so that users are able to add their own
> properties to my ZClass.
> It's necessary for a kind of indexing, btw. Otherwise, I'd have to put my
> ZClass in a separate folder and give that folder the desired properties.
>
> Any idea how to get that "Add" button in the property sheet view?
>
> Thanks.

Right. This technique should give you a standard property sheet managment
interface just like standard Zope objects have. So long as a user has the
"Manage properties" permission, they should be able to manipulate the
properties for each instance.

  Casey Duncan, Sr. Web Developer
  National Legal Aid and Defender Association
  c.duncan@nlada.org